FOOD SOVEREIGNTY ACTION DAYS
AUA organizes Food Sovereignty Action Days at community gardens and educational urban farms across the city all season long and we want you! These group volunteering action days seek to:
- Support food sovereignty: the right of peoples to define their own food and agriculture systems
- Cultivate healthy and culturally relevant food and medicine produced through ecologically sound methods
- Connect community-based urban growing projects with needed people power
- Strengthen Chicago’s urban ag community and networks by forging new relationships across the city
RSVPs required, check links below!
For Growing Sites: We are calling all growers! If you are interested in participating complete our form to be considered by April 27th 2021 : bit.ly/FSAD2021
What kinds of things can a group of AUA volunteers do on a Saturday morning?
* Cultivate, plant, weed, harvest, etc.
* Build hoop houses, raised beds, fences, paint, etc.
* Move compost, soil, mulch, etc.
* Any other reasonable thing you dream up!
For Volunteers: If you are interested in volunteering sign up via http://bit.ly/fsadvolunteer.
There’s no better way to experience the impact of urban agriculture than by supporting Chicago’s Food Sovereignty Projects. All skill and experience levels welcome!