Welcome to your spring AUA newsletter, blooming with resources to nourish our local food system. From free screening for lead in your soil to funding and financing opportunities to our Good Growing Practices for Chicago program, AUA is ever-vigorous in our mission to expand sustain agriculture in Chicago.
To ensure these resources are available to all growers, regardless of income or experience, AUA intentionally charges no individual membership dues. Which means during our once-a-year Member May drive, we come to you, our members, to ensure these essential resources can continue. Did you know that:
- $30 funds 1 hour of translation and interpretation services
- A contribution of $50 provides supplies for one Food Sovereignty Action Day
- $100 enables us to provide one hour of free technical assistance to Chicago growers
What’s most important for our spring drive to raise $1,000 is the participation of all AUA members in a meaningful way. Will you join our 2,100+ member coalition to ensure the continued strength of these essential urban ag resources, services and infrastructure? Thank you for all that you do, and read on to see how your support is growing sustainable agriculture locally! This season’s fruits include:
- Save the Date! AUA’s Grown in Chicago Soiree returns, August 15th!
- A new home for Grants + Funding Opportunities for urban growers
- Updates from the Good Practices for Growing in Chicago peer group
- Next steps for civic engagement with Chicago’s new City Council
- Free soil screening for lead in your garden, farm, or yard
- AUA members mobilize to support local food sovereignty
- Important urban agriculture policy updates & more!
Together we grow,
AUA Executive Director