As we prepare for the upcoming growing season, we’re delighted to share that there are so many ways you can get involved in our local food system this year.
New this year, our community-based programming is building on our group volunteer action days at grassroots farms and gardens to offer educational programming as well. We’re kicking off these technical-focused urban field days in a few short weeks, with free workshops and a free opportunity for screening lead in your soil. Or maybe you’re interested in staying civically engaged after the February elections? Urban Ag Ward Ambassadors are building a coalition independent of any bill or election, and want you!
Looking to get involved on a deeper level? AUA’s Associate Board is a multi-disciplinary group of food systems professionals that helps deliver this amazing programming, and is always looking for dedicated members. And if nothing else, your presence alone at AUA events like next week’s Urban Livestock Expo helps ensure the vitality and longevity of our local food systems community. Check out our winter newsletter for ways to get involved in 2019, including:
- Workshop schedule announced for the 7th annual Urban Livestock Expo!
- The Safe Soils Initiative offers free screening for lead in soils
- Food Sovereignty Action Days could support your grassroots community farm or garden
- Updates on the Good Practices for Growing in Chicago program
- Important urban agriculture policy news
- Last chance to showcase your urban ag skills at the Good Food Expo!
- Upcoming AUA and community events and so much more!