Join us as we start the new year right – our resolutions are to grow sustainable urban agriculture and its community in our city! Here’s a great way to kick off a big year – a gathering of Chicago’s Advocates for Urban Agriculture at one of Chicago’s newest (and most delicious!) sustainable businesses, Whiner Beer Company.
– Connect with the 2017 campaigns of AUA and its member organizations growing urban agriculture through events, smart local policy, resources + more!
– Get the word out on your growing projects! A loop of Chicago’s gardens, farms, programs and projects will be running throughout the event – what exciting action are you up to? How can folks get involved? Submit photos + a brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1/5.
– See sustainable, local food + drink production in action! Learn about Whiner Beer Co’s innovative beer production methods diverting spent fermented grains from landfill to neighboring businesses at The Plant, including the bakery of Pleasant House. Delicacies for sale & cash bar.
– Help us increase monarch butterfly habitat in Chicago! Milkweed and other free seeds giveaway – grow your resolutions in your backyard, garden or farm!
– Forward this message, share our Facebook event page, bring a friend, bring your resolutions + see you in the new year!