You’re invited to our Autumn Gathering! Join old and new friends and colleagues for:
- 6-6:45PM: Potluck and urban agriculture community networking: please bring a dish!
- 6:45-6:50PM: Welcome and AUA overview
- 6:50-7:10PM: Community slideshow — gardeners and farmers are invited to send 1-4 photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on 11/14 to showcase your work, as well as opportunities to get involved
- 7:10-8:05PM: Presentations on two current urban agriculture-related policy initiatives:
- Good Food Purchasing Policy: Proposed city ordinance directing city departments and agencies to purchase food in accordance with environmental, nutritional, local, fair trade, and animal welfare standards.
- Urban farm business licensing: Campaign to establish a clear and reasonable business licensing process for new urban farming businesses.
- 8:05-9PM: AUA “Ward Ambassador” Project workshop: develop the skills and knowledge to effectively promote these kinds of policy proposals by becoming an urban agriculture “ambassador” to your alderman. The project seeks to train advocates in each of Chicago’s 50 wards to become knowledgeable representatives supporting sustainable urban agriculture in their community.
Help us spread the word about this free and fun event: share this message with your network, visit our Facebook event page and invite your friends! See you there!