AUA Fall Gathering
Sharing Current Urban Ag Research Relevant to Your Garden or Farm
Tuesday November 10
Loyola Chicago Institute for Environmental Sustainability
6349 Kenmore Ave., Seminar Room 123/124
Free to all!
The night will include:
- Presentations on urban agriculture research being done in Chicago and how it applies to those growing food in the city, including:
- Dr. Bala Chaudhary, Loyola University – “Cultivating soil biology – lessons from Native American agriculture”
- Kellen Marshall, UIC – “City Air and Urban Agriculture: Working towards understanding food systems in Chicago”
- Sarah Hernandez, UIC – “Diversity in Chicago community gardens: Research and practice”
- Dr. Howard Rosing, DePaul University – “The Chicago Harvest Study: Documenting the city-wide yield, distribution and nutritional value of food from community gardens”
- Community Slideshow-Show off your garden or farm! Send 1-3 photos and a brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11.9
- Community Potluck-Attendees are encouraged to bring a dish to share
- Tours of Loyola’s aquaponics lab
Volunteers needed! Contact us at email@example.com.