While the tomatoes and peppers might be ripening a little slower than they normally do at this time of the year, Summer is here and more food is growing in Chicago than ever before.
And we’re getting ready to celebrate how far along Chicago’s urban agriculture movement has come with our first-ever Grown in Chicago: Summer Soiree & Showcase! Boasting a gourmet dinner from Big Delicious Planet (named Greenest Caterer in America by the Green Restaurant Association) that features Chicago-grown ingredients, an open bar featuring local and regional libations, an urban agriculture showcase featuring Chicago gardens and farms in a farmers market setting along with 5 major urban ag funding resources to connect with, live music from some of Chicago’s finest jazz musicians, an incredible urban ag/local food-focused silent auction, and even some pretty sweet gift bags, the event will take place at an at an amazing urban farmÂ and raise funds for AUA’s work. This is seriously something you don’t want to miss.
- A close look at this issue’s featured urban agriculture project, the Peterson Garden Project
- The 3rd installment of our series celebrating 2015, the International Year of Soils:Â The Magic of Minerals
- A featured post from AUA’s blog about gardening on a budget
- Easy steps to get your garden or farm on the Chicago Urban Agriculture Mapping Project
- A recap of our successful Spring Gathering last April
- A report on our Bugs, Bees, & Biodiversity Urban Agriculture Field day
- The latest from our Working Groups, which have a great deal of progress to report on