August 5, 2014
Win a Dill Pickle Food Co-op Gift Certificate in our Urban Agriculture Photo Contest!
Hey Chicagoland gardeners! Do you have a photo from this spring or summer that you love, or of which you are particularly proud? Win bragging rights to tell all of your friends how awesomely green your thumb is – and a gift certificate to the Dill Pickle Food Co-op (@dillpicklecoop)!
Enter your favorite gardening photo in our contest!
The deadline to submit photos is FRIDAY AUGUST 8. Voting will be closed at 5pm CST on SATURDAY AUGUST 16.
You can choose how to define “Gardening Photo” but please, keep the photos appropriate for all audiences!
There are two ways to submit your photos:
1. Post your favorite photo to Twitter with the hashtag #AUAPhoto2014.
2. Pick one or more photos bearing the #AUAPhoto2014 hashtag and select your “favorite”.
3. While you’re on Twitter, make sure to follow us at @AUAChicago!
No Twitter? No problem. We want to be inclusive, so if you don’t have a Twitter, AUA will post your photo for you.
1. Email your photo to email@example.com.
2. Please include a with a brief description (140 characters or less), including the phrase “#AUAPhoto2014”.
The “#AUAPhoto2014” picture with the most “favorites” on Twitter at 5:00 pm CST on August 16 is the winner!
We look forward to seeing your gorgeous pictures!
July 29, 2014
A few months ago, AUA members ratified a statement of support for the Street Vendors Justice Coalition‘s proposed changes to the City’s current Mobile Food Vendor ordinance. The changes, which would allow prepared foods other than ice cream to be sold by street vendors from carts and bicycles, have recently been introduced to the City Council by Alderman Maldonado, and your support is needed to make sure they become law. Please click here to read more about the ordinance and sign the petition!